Tuesday, December 13, 2005

*Insert vague, unrelated, apparently 'cool', title*

Breaking my resolve of silence on petty issues, I come back yet again, with the realizaton that...

... I forgot my Carbonated fizz!
... I forgot Chocolate!
... I forgot Ice-cream!

I happened to *sob* come across my earliest posts *sob* and how lovingly *sob* *sob* I had talked of Carbonated fizz! How could I ever forget something as important as that?!

My precious Carobonated fizz lies in the refrigerator, so close yet miles apart! Cruel winter, you've got Amma in your clutches and she's put an invisible iron bar around you, but I'll have you one day... I will, insh'Allah, I shall!! *sob*

And your friend, Chocolate... *sob* *wail* my dear friend Chocolate! Where art thou now?! *wail* The 'snap'... the crunch... the munch... *wail*

Ice-cream, will I ever see you again? Your entry into my house this winter is closely watched and prohibited! *wail* I couldn't even use you for Abeer's "Ice-cream" cake! Please forgive me, I faked you with simple cream! I faked you! Oh, the insanity, the cruelty... the injustice... *wail*

Please forgive me, my friends. The unforgivable acts of injustice committed daily in my house... how could I leave for Hajj like this?

*moment of reflection*

Oh well, there's always the alternative - Coffee!!!

Oh,Coffee... yummy, creamy, caffein-rich Coffee... here I come! *Whoooooeeee*

.
.
.

(Note: Ethereal Melodies takes no responsibility for the possible intrusion, and resulting mental disturbance, of stray thoughts and disjointed emotions.)

EDIT: I have NO IDEA what came over me. I slept two and a half hours tonight, do you think that could have something to do with it?

9 comments:

Asmaa said...

I'm scared.

Faraz Ahmed said...

Interesting blog...

Somebody really likes their carbonated fizz and ice cream :-)

Nauman said...

I think you need help, Dr. Ameera. May I suggest a psychiatrist for you? :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I like the title of this entry.

Umar said...

you're not alone.
I also suffer from saying weird things under the influence of lack of sleep.

Anonymous said...

Fi Aman Allah Ameera on your trip to Hajj

Please remember us all in your prayers

Nauman said...

I live off a lack of sleep - despite my love for sleeping - so I guess I say weird (yet interesting?) things as part of my daily routine.

Ameera said...

I'm sooo behind things... sorry!

Asma, I was scared too. It's okay to be afraid of some...things.

Faraz Bhai, you now know my weak points. :P

Nomi Bhai, I've got too many psychiatrists conducting therapy sessions at all hours of the day... right inside my head. All the noise in there is confusing, but I've learned to live with it.

And also, I suggest you stick to your sleeping schedule if it makes you write good, like your latest post! :) Come to think of it, it really sounded as if you wrote it late at night. Am I right?

Shan, I thought so myself! :P The second choice was too absurd to be used.

Umar, welcome! I know, that's probably why my mother keeps a strict watch on my sleeping schedule now... especially after I started mumbling frequently in my sleep. :S

Anonymous, isn't it great that when a Muslim prays for the Ummah, he prays for every other Muslim too? :) InshAllah, I shall remember everyone.

Cookie said...

Biya!:P
And you call me crazy!Its good that I have an ice-cream compartment in my stomach or I'd be like u *shudderz*
Go with my motto sis: "Keep some emergency ice-cream in your stomach!"
Can't say anything about the chocolata!I'm the same as you in that case:P