Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Subhan-Allah!

Salam alaikum!

I just made a post about over an hour ago, and minutes later, I was browsing various websites where the result might be announced. Finally, I found a website where the result were being uploaded and on tenterhooks, I waited for the page to load.

Amongst the multitude of colleges on the page, I found my college and then my roll number! I got 919 out of 1100!!! Alhamdolillah! That 470 out of 550 in my first year, then 449 out of 550 this year - an aggregated result is announced! So, I moved down from 85.45% to 81.6% but an average of 83.54% ... an "A-1" grade, in our education system!

I was so happy, it's all the blessing of Allah, Hadha min fadl-e-Rabbi! Otherwise my papers weren't so good that I'd get these marks! Allah has been very, very kind to me.

This has encouraged me more than ever to spend more time for the sake of Allah. Don't you see? Allah automatically takes care of the rest!

This is the meaning of the dua, 'Rabbana aatina fit-duniya hasana fa fil aakhirati hasana wa qina azab an-naar!' - "Oh Allah, make good for my wordly life and make good for me my Hereafter!"

The purpose of life is to excell in the test of the Hereafter. In the end, that is what will matter. We must thus direct our energies to that purpose, so that everything in life achieves a balance. I might sound preachy and too optimistic, but I'm not being optimistic. I'm being realistic. The reality of this life is the reality of the Hereafter.

May Allah bless your life as He blesses mine. Salam Alaikum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its definitely Allah who helps you in your endeavours but personally i cant even think of ignoring my result for long especially if its out there !

Frazza said...

Whosoever thanks Allah for the blessings he/she receives will insha-Allah have those blessings multiplied. Masha-Allah, you have an excellent attitude regarding your accomplishments, may Allah continue to bless you in this life and in the hereafter!

Ameera said...

Jazakillah Khair! JazakiAllah Khair! Your comments are extremely kind.

And Anum, I really didn't ignore my result. I just didn't spring out of bed and switch on the computer in 10 seconds. :) Hehe.

Nauman said...

Mashallah on your marks, Ameera... keep up the good work and may Allah (SWT) continue to bless you.