Saturday, August 13, 2005

Shockwaves, trills and heart-melting moments! She's done it like never before!



Right, first things first.

I'm back in Karachi, with all the mental upheavels and tantrums I had to endure alongside. I returned on Tuesday morning and two days following that, I was shrouded in gloom, despair and distress - not really because of my return, but because I FINALLY got to read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This itself was not the cause of gloom - but the general story and the events can get you pretty down. I don't know how far the story is true that Tom Cruise had to take an Anti-Depressant after reading HBP! :P

What can I say about the book?! It is absolutely world class and Rowling's out-done herself totally this time! As a female reader, like many others from my gender, I was gagging at "Won-Won" scenes but on the other hand, really appreciating what Harry has had to endure and what he will have to face as the story continues. What he has had to go through is terrible, what he has to forgo, the sacrifices he is now being asked to make... they've ripped out all innocence from his soul - and left a determined man to stand and face upto the dark times ahead.

Every thought and action in this book was carefully planned and worded by Rowling and the darkest of scenes were nerve-wrecking. The plot was tightly woven, with old questions being answered while giving the book something new to carry on. What's more, we finally discover how to get rid of Voldemort - and we also discover that Harry must do it alone. Muggles, or non-Harry Potter readers, will take it to be the average 'Hero' story. Haha... as if!

A new horizon of possiblities has cropped up with this latest book, new theories... and this time, these theories can be debated for years on end due to the complex nature of this installment. And, resist as I cannot, I have to mention here, to any HP fan that prob'ly one of the best part of the book was the new relationship between Harry Potter and Ron's sister, Ginny Weasley. I say this because Harry himself believes her to be his "greatest source of comfort" and "something that was making him happier than anything esle". And also, Rowling herself points out that Ginny is the only person who is Harry's "equal" in the current situation.

Every HP fan is currently reeling from the intensity of the Half-Blood Prince and when all these inital tremors subside, serious debates will take place, theories presented or crossed out, interviews bombarded on Rowling... and largscale begging for the next and last book.

I have only one word to say. If you're still a Muggle, now is the best time to catch up on the Potter series and be part of a truly magical experience!


http://the-leaky-cauldron.org
http://mugglenet.com
http://jkrowling.co.uk

4 comments:

Christopher Trottier said...

What do you write? I'm a writer, myself.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fun trip back to Pakistan. I was wondering why you did not update your blog and now I see why....It's all Harry Potter's fault! :P

So do u think the half-blooded prince is really behind this or was it someone who took his form?

Nauman said...

Read The Da Vinci Code... now THAT'S a good book. I never read any of the Harry Potter books but I may have to considering all the hoop-la around them...

Ameera said...

D. Overture, no, the HBP was guilty of doing what he did but don't convict him just yet... there a lot of interesting theories floating around on the net, especially at the Mugglenet.com editorials! Check them out!

Secondly, 'The Da Vinci Code' sounds pretty interesting but I haven't been able to get round to reading it yet.

Rowling and Dan Brown write in contrasting genres so to compare them one-on-one would be weird. Still, the HP books aren't really childish, infact I wouldn't recommend HBP for kids!

About the media hype, well, trash it and you are still left wondering what makes people go absolutely bonkers over this series!