Wednesday, August 31, 2005

AAAHH! Only a month left!

It hit me hard today that I have only just about five weeks left for my MCATs! I've been squandering time for the past two weeks or so, always putting the work off for 'tomorrow'.

Now, it's laughing in my face! Six course books, a million facts to memorize, formulae, life-cycles... that's two years of school work! What was I thinking?

But then again, it's always been like this with me... put it off till it's almost too late, then dive into it with a bag full of tension and try to emerge successful. Alhamdolillah, Allah always tugs my boat away from stormy water into sunshine and towards sandy shores! Thus, people find it hard to believe I have a bad, bad, bad 'procrastination' habit!

Anyway, I've assessed the damage - start studying after sunrise, all day when my sisters are at school... then, a nap after lunch - and back to the books untill evening. Biology gets the priority, then Physics and Chemistry.

Please, please, please pray that I am successful in my endeavors and please also pray for both my cousins, Anum and Saima, who're also stuck in the same big mess!

One big hurdle also left is my exam result for this last academic year... it is to be announced out on the 15th of September.....!! In our exam system, the Intermediate level comprises of two years, with annual exams at the end of each year. In my first year, I got 470 out of 550 (85%)and they'll be issuing the aggregate this year... ie. out of 1100 marks... I just hope I don't drop this year. Getting an overall 85% would really strengthen my chances... ooh, this merit system is really freaky.

Anyway, big day tomorrow, got to sleep!

Allah Hafiz!


- This is the place I wish to get admission into: www.kmdc.edu.pk (Karachi Medical and Dental College)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best 2 u & ur cousins with the exams. InshaAllah u'll get through them Ameen!

1 question though; why do u need to give MCATS for a Pakistani med school?. Are the Universities there showing off so much that they are great that u need MCATs?! :P

Ameera said...

MCATs (Medical College Admission Test) is a standard test here in Karachi, as in most places of Pakistan.

The test applies to the top two medical colleges in Karachi (DOW and SMC). Depending on your test score on the merit list, you might be in or out. If you don't have enough merit to getinto DOW, you might have a chance for SMC. However, the college I'm applying to has it's own test.

I might have given you the wrong impression about the MCATs. They're not foreign, like the SATs. It's just a name given to the competitive, merit-based admision test for Govt-run Sindh Medical colleges!

:S

Anonymous said...

oops my bad.
I did not know MCATs were in Pakistan too. I thought only after your A levels/ FSC you'll get in depending on your grades (there are MCATS in USA too, so I thought u were refering to that exam)

& you're making it sound like it's easy to get in DOW :)

InshaAllah you'll get in...now get back to the books!!

Ameera said...

No problem...

Btw, you know my ultra secret 'motivating factor'... FORCE!

"now get back to the books!!"

That's what Abba keeps saying. Thanks!

Nauman said...

Inshallah, you'll do well. Convey my salaams and best regards to Saima and Anum as well... it's good to see a few people from our family aspiring to be doctors/dentists again. :)