Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Emotional stuff...

It's official, I suppose - Ameera is going through one of her 'emotional oscillations'.

After years, I'm stumbling back to poetry (for unexplainable reasons), and here's another one I wrote. No 'degrading' myself now. :) Thanks for your wonderful support!

Our parents are probably the only ones who'll ever love us truly, wherever we are and whatever we choose to become. We all know that life's end will take them away from us but we forget. When we realize it's too late to hold their hands again, or give them a hug, even the strongest of us crumble...

------

Long is the night
I am dreaming through,
And this night breathes new life,
Into memories of you.

So long it has been
Since you left me so,
Alone in this darkening world
With so far to go.

Long is the night���
But I���m seeing you.
This night be still
So I could be with you.

The bud you held,
So tender, so soft.
That lovely touch
Has held me aloft.

Long is the night,
And I can still hear you.
Words of knowledge
That only you knew.

Pain and misery,
You took from me.
To love and joy,
You led the way.

Long is the night,
And I���m missing you.
One moment you were here,
And now I look for you.

Gone are you forever true���
Gone with you
Are those times I knew.
Still in the dark, I stumble after you.

Long is the night
I���m creeping through���
But the pearls that you left
Are still shining true���

--------

I'll try to get out of this 'phase'. :)

4 comments:

Asmaa said...

I don't believe in unconditional love. But don't get out of this phase. It serves you well!

And stumbling back to poetry can only mean one thing: that your thoughts are overwhelming you and you need an outlet to express them...stay at it.

Anonymous said...

unconditional love

explain please vat is this?

Asmaa said...

haha
Unconditional love is loving someone without any conditions! (i.e. parent-child love).

But all love is conditional. Except maybe love for Allah (SWT) shouldn't be conditional (like "I just lost my job so so I don't love Allah" - ridiculous).

Okay, Ima stop polluting ameera's blog now.

Ameera said...

Go ahead pollute it all you want - why should it be neat and tidy while the rest of my stuff remains a mess?

Unconditional love... um, I think the parent-offspring thing is unconditional... at least, as far as I've learned in 19 years of existence. That isn't much... well, maybe my views will change when I pass through parenthood myself. :p Now that should be interesting!

All said, I may stomp and growl at a lot of things I don't agree with, in case of my parents, but everyday, I wonder how I'll come to terms with their 'absence' i.e. their passing away... may Allah give them a very long life. Ameen.

May Allah bless us all!